Travel and transfers
At Dolomitesun Ltd we do not arrange travel, but we can supply a wealth of information about getting to San Cassiano. We’ll be happy to discuss travel options with you and provide contact details for travel companies.
The distance from Calais is approx 800 miles (1,280 km). We suggest a route passing through Luxembourg (cheaper fuel) into Germany (long sections of motorway with no speed limit and low tolls), crossing into Austria and finally Italy. The route is motorway to within 25 miles of Albergo Frohsinn. Overnight Motorail is possible between Dusseldorf and Innsbruck if you want to relax for part of the journey.
We have free parking at Albergo Frohsinn.
For the ultimate luxury journey by train, there is the Venice Simplon Orient Express! There are also more economical options of overnight sleepers from Paris to Venice and to Innsbruck, some of these trains would fit with our transfer services.
There are several airports serving the area, but we find often Venice is the best for flight prices and choice of routes, plus you can easily fit in some sightseeing.
VENICE – Journey time approximately 2.5 hours
Airlines operating routes to Venice Marco Polo airport include Easyjet, Ryanair and BA. Ryanair has a route to Venice Treviso. Please contact us to find out which airline flies from where in the UK. Flights often cost less than £150 per person return, including tax.
INNSBRUCK – Journey from Innsbruck is about 2 hours
Easyjet operates several routes from the UK and there may be other options with scheduled or tour operator charter flights.
Other airports in the region are Verona (3 hours), Brescia (3.5 hours), Trieste (4 hours), Munich (4.5 hours), Memmingen (4.5 hours) and Milan (4 hours).
Venice Marco Polo Airport – €96 per person return
Journey time approximately 2.5 hours to Albergo Frohsinn
05 December to 19 December 2019
- OUT – Collection at 20:00 – 20:30 pm
- RETURN – Afternoon departure (around 16:00) suitable for flights taking off after 20:00 or guests visiting Venice.
- Transfers may also be possible on certain dates as follows (supplements may apply):-
- VENICE Marco Polo – collection in the afternoon around 12:15 pm / early morning return for flights departing after 12:00
- VENICE TREVISO Airport
- INNSBRUCK – collection around 10:30am / early return for flights departing after 10:30am
SUNDAYS from 22 December 2019 to end of season
- OUT – Collection at 12:00 – 12:15 pm
- RETURN – Early morning departure (around 07:00) suitable for flights taking off after 12:00 or guests visiting Venice.
- Transfers may also be possible on certain dates as follows (please enquire – supplements may apply):-
- VENICE Marco Polo – collection in the evening
- VENICE TREVISO Airport
- INNSBRUCK – collection around 10:30am / early return for flights after 10:30am
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT OUR TRANSFERS:
- Our transfers are not tailor-made to suit individual flights. We endeavour to keep waiting times for our guests to a minimum but we would recommend only using our transfers if you are relaxed about waiting.
- Flight delays: If at all possible, our vehicle will wait. In instances where we have a commitment to other guests or are unable to wait, we will assist with arranging alternative transport but the cost will be borne by the client. We offer a transfer connection indemnity scheme so additional charges would not apply in these situations.
- Arrivals before 15:00: Our staff will be doing everything they can to have rooms ready for your arrival but on some occasions where guests arrive in the morning or at lunchtime this may not be possible. We will arrange a place for changing and storing luggage, rooms will be available later in the afternoon.
- Resort departure times: timings for returning to the airport will be confirmed in the resort. The given timings are estimated and are liable to change if adverse weather or traffic are expected.
- Departing guests: we request all rooms are vacated by 9:30 am at the latest.
Sightseeing in Venice
Visiting this historic city can be a wonderful way to start or end your holiday! There are left luggage facilities at Marco Polo Airport and an express bus taking just 20 minutes to reach Venice island. Please ask us for an information sheet.